Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Weekend Warriors

One of the perks about working at a school is obviously the longer holiday breaks (which I have become completely convinced are for the teachers' and staffs' sanity above anything else).  We have 4 days off over this Easter weekend and for the first time it will be just the Hubster and I for a holiday.  He is asking me to make ham and potatoes and everything else that usually accompanies the traditional Easter meal.  I would consider myself an O.K. cook so we will see how that whole thing goes.

But aside from church and cooking, we plan on using this long weekend to get some 'big' things done in the house.

Joe's Goals for the Weekend:

  • finish installing baseboards in dining room and kitchen *Hallelujah* 
  • start building my raised garden beds (if it doesn't snow...not kidding here)    *Praise Jesus*
Amanda's Goals for the Weekend:
  • tile
  • tile
  • tile
  • oh, and tile
I'm hoping *fingers, toes, legs, eyes crossed* that I can start and finish the tile backsplash in our kitchen.  We decided on white subway tiles with a dark grey grout.  Take a look at these inspiration pics and you'll see what I'm going for.

Source







This is the look I'm wanting so we will all see after the weekend if I am able to achieve it!  

And fingers crossed that after I cook Easter dinner there is still a standing kitchen to tile...

3 comments:

  1. that tile is beautiful. I'm planning on doing that when we one day gut the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It's going up in our upstairs bathroom, too. :) I found an additive to make your grout glittery! Which sounds completely elementary-art-class but it's the really fine glitter which gives the grout this gorgeous subtle shimmer. Hubster just gives me a blank stare when I suggest this though. ;)

      Delete

Let us know what you're thinking!